Subject: Re: bug#32058: mysql build fails on d88b29d6b78482cdb05ac714984f6a27195e3d37

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 13:31:53 +0200

ng0,

Thanks!

Nils Gillmann wrote:
> Since I do not have the time to work on this, but there seems to 
> be no open bug:
>
> mysql started a couple of commits ago (since last core-updates 
> merge?) to fail
> its build.

I noticed this yesterday, too. In the meantime, I've tried 
updating MySQL to 5.7.22 (one never knows) and poking at some 
random bits but that didn't help.

> [build output snipped]

There's actually an error message[0]. Did it not show up in your 
logs? I'd consider that a bug too.

If I had to guess I'd say that a GCC bump's to blame. Or maybe 
Boost, though that seems unlikely.

Unfortunately, I also don't have the time to debug this now or 
indeed the next month.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]:
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc: 
In function ‘void handle_gis_exception(const char*)’:
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:37:81: 
error: expected unqualified-id before ‘&’ token
   catch (const 
   boost::geometry::detail::self_get_turn_points::self_ip_exception 
   &)
                                                                                 ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:37:81: 
error: expected ‘)’ before ‘&’ token
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:37:81: 
error: expected ‘{’ before ‘&’ token
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:37:82: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
   catch (const 
   boost::geometry::detail::self_get_turn_points::self_ip_exception 
   &)
                                                                                  ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:42:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (const boost::geometry::empty_input_exception &)
   ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:46:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (const boost::geometry::inconsistent_turns_exception &)
   ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:50:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (const boost::geometry::exception &)
   ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:54:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (const std::bad_alloc &e)
   ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:58:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (const std::domain_error &e)
   ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:62:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (const std::length_error &e)
   ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:66:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (const std::invalid_argument &e)
   ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:70:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (const std::out_of_range &e)
   ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:74:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (const std::overflow_error &e)
   ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:78:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (const std::range_error &e)
   ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:82:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (const std::underflow_error &e)
   ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:86:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (const std::logic_error &e)
   ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:90:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (const std::runtime_error &e)
   ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:94:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (const std::exception &e)
   ^
/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/mysql-5.7.21/sql/item_geofunc_internal.cc:98:3: 
error: expected primary-expression before ‘catch’
   catch (...)
   ^
make[2]: *** [sql/CMakeFiles/sql.dir/build.make:583: 
sql/CMakeFiles/sql.dir/item_geofunc_internal.cc.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory 
'/tmp/guix-build-mysql-5.7.21.drv-0/build'