Subject: Re: bug#32056: Small patch

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 12:22:59 +0200

"Gian Uberto Lauri" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Good morning,
>
> today I pulled the latest source, compiled the Editor and tried to run
> it.
>
> My .emacs file contains a (find-file ), and it failed.
>
> Further investigation revealed that in line 2158 in files.el contains a
> call to abort-if-file-too-large with an extra argument that cause the
> find-file command to fail.
>

The signature of that function is:

(defun abort-if-file-too-large (size op-type filename &optional offer-raw)

so the 4th argument should be ok. I suspect you have your own
definition of abort-if-file-too-large somewhere.

> I attach my trivial fix.
>
> By the way, I discovered that the focus-frame function disappeared.
> I used it to give the focus to the special frame I use for e-mail.

Hmm, that function was marked as doing nothing, and had been for some
time. 'select-frame' perhaps, or 'select-frame-set-input-focus' might
do what you want.

Regards

Robert