Subject: Re: bug#32056: Small patch

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 16:41:35 +0200

"Gian Uberto Lauri" <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> "RP" == Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> RP> so the 4th argument should be ok. I suspect you have your own
> RP> definition of abort-if-file-too-large somewhere.
>
> Your suspects are correct.
>
> I had a copy of the function in my .emacs with a patch [BAD THING ™]
> to exclude some files from size check (it was used for RMAIL).
>
> I don't think I triggered that patch for a long time, I changed my
> habits because vm gets damn slow with large mailboxes. Therefore I
> ask:
>
> - could it be dangerous?
> - could it be useful to others?

Without seeing your patch, thatʼs hard to answer. The default value of
large-file-warning-threshold is 100MB, which these days might be too
low, but nothing prevents you from setting it higher (I have it set to
nil).

Regards

Robert