Subject: Re: bug#32056: Small patch

From: "Gian Uberto Lauri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 16:00:05 +0200

>>>>> "RP" == Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

RP> so the 4th argument should be ok. I suspect you have your own
RP> definition of abort-if-file-too-large somewhere.

Your suspects are correct.

I had a copy of the function in my .emacs with a patch [BAD THING ™]
to exclude some files from size check (it was used for RMAIL).

I don't think I triggered that patch for a long time, I changed my
habits because vm gets damn slow with large mailboxes. Therefore I
ask:

- could it be dangerous?
- could it be useful to others?

Thank you in advance.

-- 
ing. Gian Uberto Lauri
Senior Solution Developer
Dir. Tecnica Innovazione Ricerca / Tech. Innovation & Research Div.
[email-masked]

Sun Java Certified Programmer

Engineering Ingegneria Informatica spa
Corso Stati Uniti 23/C, 35127 Padova (PD)

Tel. +39-049.8283.533         | main(){printf(&unix["\021%six\012\0"],
Fax  +39-049.8283.569		  |    (unix)["have"]+"fun"-0x60);}
http://www.eng.it          	  |          David Korn, AT&T Bell Labs
                  			  |          ioccc best One Liner, 1987