Subject: bug#32047: 26.1; Misleading/confusing text about `C-k' in TUTORIAL

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 16:09:40 -0400

At 21:34 -0400 on Tuesday 2018-07-03, N. Jackson wrote:
>
> At around Line 419 of the Emacs tutorial there are two
> statements which are not strictly correct, which might
> potentially cause confusion.

Hmm... well if no one agrees with me about this, perhaps the
potential confusion is only in my imagination.

I only reported this because I had just gone through the
Tutorial from beginning to end (after not looking at it for
eight years) -- so I felt that I was almost looking at it with
fresh eyes -- and everything in it seemed good to me except this
one paragraph.

[The only other fault that I found with it is that I felt that
it goes almost, but not quite, far enough to teach a new user
"how to fish".]

So if no one else chimes in with an opinion in the next few
weeks, this bug can probably best be closed so that it doesn't
clutter up the bug tracker.