Subject: bug#32042: 26.1; python.el with ipython prompt leads to superfluous interactive shell output

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 20:32:33 -0400

unmerge 32042
tags 32042 + confirmed
retitle 32042 26.1; python-shell-send-buffer with ipython 6.x shows "plumbing" code along with python error message
quit

Jaan Altosaar <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is from within emacs.

Oh right, I forgot the bad output only happens when you send from file
or buffer.

I dusted off my Arch box, and I can see the same problem there (it has
ipython 6.3.1).  I don't see it on my normal Debian box which has
ipython 5.1.0.  So something must have changed in ipython's behaviour.

> Sorry for the double messages; I resent only to
> [email-masked] because I received this message:
>
> Address not found
> Your message wasn't delivered to [email-masked] because the
> address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

Ah, the [email-masked] email address is indeed bogus,
but as long as the [email-masked] message goes through, the bug
tracker is fine.