Subject: Re: AW: bug#32027: 26.1; variable font-lock-major-mode is nil in text-mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 19:51:03 +0100

Benjamin Orthen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Because Text mode doesn't set up any font-lock related settings, no?
>
> But why does running M-x font-lock-mode twice (disabling and enabling
> font-lock) in a text buffer set
>
> global-font-lock-mode to text-mode then? I would consider that kind of erratic
> behavior.

I think this is the way it's supposed to work -- that font-lock-mode
variable is just there to keep track of whether we've set up the current
mode for font locking (even if there is no font locking taking place, as
in text mode buffer).

So I don't think there is a bug here, and I'm closing this bug report.
If I've misunderstood, please reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no