Subject: Re: bug#32020: 3 bash-completion errors

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 20:00:06 +0300

Hello,

Thank you for the report.

[email-masked] writes:

> When using -m after guix package

What version of Guix do you run?

It does for me on ‘guix --version’:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix (GNU Guix) 12a96d4d419330056d647817aa09f02f031cba6f
Copyright (C) 2018 the Guix authors
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> weather -m

Added.

> build; bash tries to expand

‘guix build’ doesn't have ‘-m’ flag, unfortunately.  

I want to have it, too.  :-)

> on names of packages instead of files in the filesystem.
>
> After guix build --load-path= bash does not expand. It should expand in
> the local filesystem I think.

I don't know how to implement ‘--load-path=’, but ‘-L’ was added.

> (nitpicking)
> Also when expanding on "-" after guix weather; bash suggests: "--e"
> among valid completions but it is NOT. 

I cannot reproduce it, sorry.

> Same happens after guix build.  Havent tested the others.

Let us know if more completion is missing.

Thanks,
Oleg.