Subject: bug#32019: closed (Re: bug#32019: 26.1; spacebar on splash screen fails to reach *scratch* buffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 13:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#32019: 26.1; spacebar on splash screen fails to reach *scratch* buffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32019: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32019
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#32019: 26.1; spacebar on splash screen fails to reach *scratch* buffer
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Van L <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 16:15:04 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Van L <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 22:17:55 +1000
> 
> *info* (eintr) Buffer Names has the following:
> 
>      In the old days, when you lacked a ‘~/.emacs’ file and started an
>   Emacs session by typing the command ‘emacs’ alone, without naming any
>   files, Emacs started with the ‘*scratch*’ buffer visible.  Nowadays, you
>   will see a splash screen.  You can follow one of the commands suggested
>   on the splash screen, visit a file, or press the spacebar to reach the
>   ‘*scratch*’ buffer.
> 
> On Emacs 26.1 NS port and Emacs 27.0.50 GNU Linux, pressing the spacebar
> at the splash screen causes the echo area to show `End of buffer`. 
> 
> It fails to reach the *scratch* buffer as described in elispintro infopage,
> as quoted.

That description was incorrect since Emacs 22.2.  I fixed it.

Thanks.

Subject: 26.1; spacebar on splash screen fails to reach *scratch* buffer
From: Van L <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 22:17:55 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

*info* (eintr) Buffer Names has the following:

     In the old days, when you lacked a ‘~/.emacs’ file and started an
  Emacs session by typing the command ‘emacs’ alone, without naming any
  files, Emacs started with the ‘*scratch*’ buffer visible.  Nowadays, you
  will see a splash screen.  You can follow one of the commands suggested
  on the splash screen, visit a file, or press the spacebar to reach the
  ‘*scratch*’ buffer.

On Emacs 26.1 NS port and Emacs 27.0.50 GNU Linux, pressing the spacebar
at the splash screen causes the echo area to show `End of buffer`. 

It fails to reach the *scratch* buffer as described in elispintro infopage,
as quoted.