Subject: bug#32013: Krita dependency kxmlgui fails to build since Qt 5.11

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 18:30:34 +0200

On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 17:02:36 -0400
Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Since we upgraded Qt to 5.11, Krita's dependency kxmlgui has failed to
> build:
> 
> https://hydra.gnu.org/build/2815173

I played a bit around with this:

I just updated the KDE libs to 5.49.0 with a simple

./pre-inst-env guix refresh -t kde -u

There is one test in attica that fails, I disabled it by adding a phase:

+    (arguments
+     `(#:phases
+       (modify-phases %standard-phases
+         (add-after 'unpack 'disable-provider-test
+           (lambda _
+             (substitute* "autotests/CMakeLists.txt"
+               ((".*providertest.cpp") "")))))))

With that, kxmlgui builds again.

Krita has then another issue: libraw was recently updated to 0.19.0, if
I revert that, Krita builds again. I opened another bug for that,
because I found it unrelated and it could maybe effect other packages
as well:

#32467

https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32467

I would call that solution "quick & dirty" or at least untested,
that's why I haven't prepared a patch: I haven't rebuilt the whole
KDE-stack, just the dependencies from kxmlgui and krita. I have no idea
of how to do a proper KDE-update or what has to be tested for KDE. I
think someone should do a proper KDE-update and then krita builds again
automatically.

I would ask for someone else to do the KDE-update as I have not much
knowledge about that and will be mostly absent the next weeks.

Hopefully this information motivates someone else to do the job :-)

Björn