Subject: Re: [bug#32011] [PATCH] gnu: Add ddcutil.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 15:28:56 +0200

Maxim,

Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been using this for quite some times, it works very well!

\o/

> I don't know if it relies on Linux specifics, the project only 
> state it
> is a "Linux utility", and I couldn't find it packaged on other 
> systems
> such as FreeBSD, according to repology.org.

It probably is. My point was more that many 'modern' packages are, 
either by design or due to lack of developer time or effort, and 
we don't throw them all into linux.scm. Much like how e.g. Borg 
isn't in python.scm. Does that make sense?

> Could someone with the rights please merge it in?

Whoops. Thanks for the reminder!

*Unfurls scroll*

It's on my to-do list...

Kind regards,

T G-R