Subject: bug#32004: 25.2; Package-install-package Failed to verify signature file-error Setting current directory No such file or directory

From: Mike Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 07:08:59 -0400

I tried to open an url and forgot how, then decided to install w3
but the install failed because I opened a bogus file.

step 1.
C-x-f http://json-schema.org/draft-07/schema

1.0 Shows :
Find file: {http:/} /json-schema.org/draft-07/schema

1.1 RET

this creates a buffer in the non existing directory

/json-schema.org/draft-07/

step 2.

2.1 M-x package-list-packages

2.2. select w3

2.3 Install

Error message is :
Failed to verify signature: file-error, "Setting current directory", "No
such file or directory",/json-schema.org/draft-07/

Workaround, kill buffers for list packages and the draft-07 and select a
different existing file and try again with step 2.

In GNU Emacs 25.2.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.20)
 of 2017-09-11, modified by Debian built on trouble
Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --build x86_64-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs25-XrMyQe/emacs25-25.2+1=.
-fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
ecent messages:
Install package ‘w3-4.0.49’? (y or n) y
Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:80
package--check-signature-content: Failed to verify signature: file-error,
"Setting current directory", "No such file or directory", "/
json-schema.org/draft-07/"
Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:80
Type "q" to restore previous buffer.
mouse-2, RET: Push this button
Install package ‘w3-4.0.49’? (y or n) y
Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:80
package--check-signature-content: Failed to verify signature: file-error,
"Setting current directory", "No such file or directory", "/
json-schema.org/draft-07/"
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/cmake-data/cmake-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/textmodes/rst
/home/mdupont/.emacs.d/elpa/let-alist-1.0.5/let-alist hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist
/home/mdupont/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-2.20/seq hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq
Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail lisp-mnt misearch multi-isearch
mm-archive message rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-handlers mail-utils pp cus-edit
cus-start cus-load wid-edit network-stream nsm starttls url-http tls
gnutls mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache
url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap epg tramp-cache python tramp-sh
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize format-spec
dired vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode pcmpl-unix shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring term/xterm xterm finder-inf gh-common gh-profile
url-parse auth-source gnus-util time-date mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars rx s marshal cl-seq eieio-compat ht json map
dash eieio eieio-core cl-macs advice info package epg-config seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 573975 28190)
 (symbols 48 29079 0)
 (miscs 40 259 1453)
 (strings 32 53685 15848)
 (string-bytes 1 1627948)
 (vectors 16 43721)
 (vector-slots 8 763672 5725)
 (floats 8 406 630)
 (intervals 56 32649 859)
 (buffers 976 44))

-- 
James Michael DuPont