Subject: bug#32002: 24.4; Scroll bar start, end not correct

From: Andrew Kurn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 20:45:41 -0700

On Tue  3 Jul 2018 22:00 -0400, Noam Postavsky wrote:
> 
> Andrew Kurn <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Just to be clear:  You guys can't reproduce the bug?
> 
> Here's a screenshot of my gtk build, the scrollbar looks the right size
> to me.
> 

Aha!  In this we disagree.  I wonder if the others share your
opinion.

Anyhow, my contention is that, since the whole buffer is on display,
the scroll bar should extend over the whole window.  The length of the
scroll bar, as a fraction of the window height, is supposed to be the
fraction of the buffer on display.  Its top is the character (line,
usually) where the display starts.  Its bottom is where it stops.

Do you see what I'm talking about?  --  even if you don't agree.

Andrew