Subject: bug#31987: closed (Re: bug#31987: libGL error)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 14:48:02 +0000

Your bug report

#31987: [cygwin] libGL error: required WGL extension WGL_ARB_multisample is missing

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
31987: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31987
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#31987: libGL error
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 10:47:22 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 8/23/2020 5:29 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Eli Zaretskii writes:
>> So you think it would be good to have this in PROBLEMS?
> 
> No, was leaning the opposite side.  It wasn't an Emacs bug to begin with
> and it has since been fixed anyway.

I agree.  Closing.

Ken

Subject: libGL error
From: "Garvan, Frank" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 14:37:31 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I installed emacs via cygwin:

Get the following error message when starting emacs:
libGL error: required WGL extension WGL_ARB_multisample is missing

In Gnu Emacs 26.1 (build 1, i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 3.22.28)
 of 2018-05-28 built on DESKTOP
Repository Revision: d802fa4a0642157d7aff9a9d599785df7604e4d1
Windowing system distributor 'The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.12000000
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure
 --srcdir=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-26.1-1.i686/src/emacs-26.1
 --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc
 --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs/html -C
 'CFLAGS=-ggdb -O2 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-26.1-1.i686/build=/usr/src/debug/emacs-26.1-1
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-26.1-1.i686/src/emacs-26.1=/usr/src/debug/emacs-26.1-1'
 CPPFLAGS= LDFLAGS='

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/htmlfontify hides /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/htmlfontify
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/hfy-cmap hides /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/hfy-cmap

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind gfilenotify
lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 97601 13294)
 (symbols 24 20363 1)
 (miscs 20 98 160)
 (strings 16 28457 1972)
 (string-bytes 1 750538)
 (vectors 12 14003)
 (vector-slots 4 622440 13228)
 (floats 8 52 113)
 (intervals 28 279 12)
 (buffers 536 12))

F.G.Garvan
Department of Mathematics
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL  32611-8105

OFFICE: 408 Little Hall
OFFICE PHONE: (352) 392-0281 extn 248
FAX: (352) 392-8357
EMAIL: [email-masked]
WEB: http://www.math.ufl.edu/~fgarvan
*USE ASCII EMAIL: www.asciiribbon.org