Subject: bug#31987: libGL error

From: "Garvan, Frank" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 14:37:31 +0000

I installed emacs via cygwin:

Get the following error message when starting emacs:
libGL error: required WGL extension WGL_ARB_multisample is missing

In Gnu Emacs 26.1 (build 1, i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 3.22.28)
 of 2018-05-28 built on DESKTOP
Repository Revision: d802fa4a0642157d7aff9a9d599785df7604e4d1
Windowing system distributor 'The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.12000000
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure
 --srcdir=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-26.1-1.i686/src/emacs-26.1
 --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc
 --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs/html -C
 'CFLAGS=-ggdb -O2 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-26.1-1.i686/build=/usr/src/debug/emacs-26.1-1
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-26.1-1.i686/src/emacs-26.1=/usr/src/debug/emacs-26.1-1'
 CPPFLAGS= LDFLAGS='

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/htmlfontify hides /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/htmlfontify
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/hfy-cmap hides /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/hfy-cmap

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind gfilenotify
lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 97601 13294)
 (symbols 24 20363 1)
 (miscs 20 98 160)
 (strings 16 28457 1972)
 (string-bytes 1 750538)
 (vectors 12 14003)
 (vector-slots 4 622440 13228)
 (floats 8 52 113)
 (intervals 28 279 12)
 (buffers 536 12))

F.G.Garvan
Department of Mathematics
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL  32611-8105

OFFICE: 408 Little Hall
OFFICE PHONE: (352) 392-0281 extn 248
FAX: (352) 392-8357
EMAIL: [email-masked]
WEB: http://www.math.ufl.edu/~fgarvan
*USE ASCII EMAIL: www.asciiribbon.org