Subject: Re: bug#31987: libGL error

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 09:46:33 +0200

Stefan Kangas writes:
>>> Get the following error message when starting emacs:
>>> libGL error: required WGL extension WGL_ARB_multisample is missing
>>
>> Searching for that message finds this:
>>
>>   https://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg157465.html
>
> So is this worth adding to PROBLEMS or is it notabug?

It's a problem with certain (Windows) video card drivers that implement
only a subset of some optional GL API bundles.  In this particular case
libGL checked for some specific feature and was assuming the existence
of another from the same API bundle that the driver then didn't actually
provide, that detection has since been fixed to check all features
separately AFAIK.  As said in the message linked to, you can always use
software rendering as a fallback.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#KomplexerWaves