Subject: Re: bug#31979: csplit: a regexp pattern does not consider the negative offset of a

From: Pádraig Brady <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 23:52:57 -0700

tag 31979 notabug
close 31979
stop

On 24/09/18 05:40, Stéphane Campinas wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> After attempting to port csplit, I think I understand why it is like
> that: it is to stop the iteration in case a pattern should be executed
> several times. Therefore, maybe an easy fix is to alter the
> documentation to indicate that lines within a negative offset are not
> matched in subsequent patterns, with the exception of the line-based
> pattern.

Thanks for following up.
I pushed that clarification in your name at:
https://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/commit/?id=7262994

cheers,
Pádraig