Subject: Re: bug#31975: Emacs NS port `M-x customize` Mouse Autoselect Window (point-to-focus) has no effect

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 10:08:05 +0800

Van L <[email-masked]> writes:

>    Non-nil means autoselect window with mouse pointer. Hide
>    If nil, do not autoselect windows.
>    A positive number means delay autoselection by that many seconds: a
>    window is autoselected only after the mouse has remained in that
>    window for the duration of the delay.
>    A negative number has a similar effect, but causes windows to be
>    autoselected only after the mouse has stopped moving.  (Because of
>    the way Emacs compares mouse events, you will occasionally wait twice
>    that time before the window gets selected.)
>    Any other value means to autoselect window instantaneously when the
>    mouse pointer enters it.
>    
>    Autoselection selects the minibuffer only if it is active, and never
>    unselects the minibuffer if it is active.
>    
>    When customizing this variable make sure that the actual value of
>    ‘focus-follows-mouse’ matches the behavior of your window manager.

After reading through the entire thread, I still don't understand what
the problem is.  But if it's that `mouse-autoselect-window' is not
respected on the NS port, then I think this bug is now outdated, because
the code to do that is already present and works.

(On GNUstep, at least.  I don't know about macOS)

Alan, do you know anything about this?