Subject: bug#31975: Emacs NS port `M-x customize` Mouse Autoselect Window (point-to-focus) has no effect

From: Van L <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 17:13:40 +1000

Hello,

The customized setting for point-to-focus 
has no effect.

Maybe a tweak for Emacs is all you 
need to point-to-focus as discussed 
at stackoverflow.

#+NAME: point-to-focus
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/98310/focus-follows-mouse-plus-auto-raise-on-mac-os-x
    defaults write com.apple.Terminal FocusFollowsMouse -bool true
#+END_EXAMPLE

#+NAME: `M-x customize` Mouse Autoselect Window
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
   Non-nil means autoselect window with mouse pointer. Hide
   If nil, do not autoselect windows.
   A positive number means delay autoselection by that many seconds: a
   window is autoselected only after the mouse has remained in that
   window for the duration of the delay.
   A negative number has a similar effect, but causes windows to be
   autoselected only after the mouse has stopped moving.  (Because of
   the way Emacs compares mouse events, you will occasionally wait twice
   that time before the window gets selected.)
   Any other value means to autoselect window instantaneously when the
   mouse pointer enters it.
   
   Autoselection selects the minibuffer only if it is active, and never
   unselects the minibuffer if it is active.
   
   When customizing this variable make sure that the actual value of
   ‘focus-follows-mouse’ matches the behavior of your window manager.

#+END_EXAMPLE