Subject: bug#31968: 26.1.50; Allow to hide title bar on maximize (gtk/gnome/csd)

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 15:31:08 +0200

Carlos Pita <[email-masked]> writes:

> Works for me too. I had to manually apply the patch because it doesn't
> cleanly applies on latest emacs-26, but besides that it does what is
> announced.

It was against master. Thereʼs no way Iʼd propose a change like this
for emacs-26, itʼs something that would require a lot of testing on a
lot of different systems first (and emacs' existing maximize behaviour
already has its share of problems).

> I think it's ok for this functionality to be gtk only since the kde
> people (and mostly everyone else) hate the csd stuff and want their wm
> to deal with decorations, old school. There is a flame war around this
> issue indeed. Plasma can be configured for "hide titlebar on maximize"
> but gnome and its derivatives (thinking of cinnamon here) can't. I
> wonder for how long it would be even possible to hide the titlebar at
> the gtk level.

Yes, Plasma has an option you can set in kwinrc. Iʼm undecided whether
I like the functionality or not, but it would be better if we tried to
at least support both kde and gnome here (which probably means
figuring out if thereʼs a way to specify this per-application in kde).

Regards

Robert