Subject: Re: bug#31968: 26.1.50; Allow to hide title bar on maximize (gtk/gnome/csd)

From: Jonathan Kyle Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 17:32:16 -0500

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 3:38 AM martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>  > That would be a somewhat bigger patch. Iʼm assuming weʼd need to
>  > adjust nsgui and w32gui frame parameter definitions as well.
>
> For non-GTK builds we'd have to proceed as follows:
>
> (1) When we do the maximization ourselves, remove the decorations
>      first and then maximize.
>
> (2) When we get a maximize event, remove the decorations.
>
> (3) For any event or action that removes the maximized state, re-add
>      the decorations provided the frame should not stay undecorated via
>      a frame parameter.
>
> So this would require some quite substantial coding effort and should
> definitely wait until someone confirms that your GTK patch works.
>
> martin

I had the opportunity to test Robert's C patch on a recent copy of the
master branch today in a Fedora 28 VM using Gnome3, Xfce4, and KDE5.
Setting the hide argument to `t' in the new Lisp function
`x-set-hide-titlebar-when-maximized' worked as expected in Gnome and
Xfce--the titlebar disappeared when I maximized the Emacs frame.  The
KDE titlebar remained in place except when putting Emacs in fullscreen
mode.

--
Jonathan Kyle Mitchell