Subject: Re: bug#31968: 26.1.50; Allow to hide title bar on maximize (gtk/gnome/csd)

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 10:48:03 +0200

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Patch attached. It sets the correct property on my emacs frame for me,
>> but it appears KWin ignores that, so I see no effect. No doubt needs a
>> few more USE_GTK ifdef checks.
>
> Carlos, can you test the patch?  If it works, we can brush it up a
> little to make it a frame parameter just like 'undecorated'.

That would be a somewhat bigger patch. Iʼm assuming weʼd need to
adjust nsgui and w32gui frame parameter definitions as well.

>>> 'gdk_x11_window_set_hide_title_bar_when_maximized' in gdkwindow-x11.c
>>> has the XChangeProperty calls to make this work for non-GTK builds.
>>
>> Youʼre suggesting we copy their code? Iʼm not sure what the value of
>> setting a GTK property is in a non-GTK build.
>
> FWIW I did that for x_set_undecorated when implementing that awful
> PROP_MOTIF_WM_HINTS_ELEMENTS hack.

I donʼt know what that is, and I donʼt think I want to know.

Robert