Subject: [bug#31965] [PATCH] gnu: Add gaupol.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 23:20:16 +0200

Hello Pierre!

Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/video.scm (gaupol): New variable.

[...]

> +         (add-after 'install 'patch-data-dir
> +           ;; Fix some path variables that setup.py seems to garble.
> +           (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
> +             (let ((out (assoc-ref outputs "out")))
> +               (substitute* (string-append out "/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aeidon/paths.py")

This could break silently the day we switch to Python 3.7.  Instead, I
think you can write:

  (substitute* (find-files out "^paths\\.py$")
    …)

There’s possibly another issue: if there exists a ‘paths.pyc’ file, it
becomes outdated once we’ve modified ‘paths.py’.

Perhaps we should move this phase before the build phase?

Otherwise LGTM, thanks!

Ludo’.