Subject: Re: [bug#31954] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-org-brain.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 21:36:31 +0200

Vasile Dumitrascu <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/emacs.scm (emacs-org-brain): New variable.

Thanks for this patch!  Overall it LGTM, but it does not apply to my git
checkout, so here are some nitpicks that I'd normally fix myself:

[...]

> +(define-public emacs-org-brain
> +  (let ((version "20180522")  ; no proper tag, use date of commit

'org-brain.el' has "Version: 0.5" in the source header.  Perhaps we
should use that instead?

[...]

> +      (description "@code{emacs-org-brain} implements a variant of concept
> +mapping in Emacs, using @code{org-mode}. It is heavily inspired by a piece of
> +software called The Brain.")

Make sure to use double spaces in descriptions (guix lint should complain
about this).  We also should not refer to nonfree software, can you try
to expand on this description without mentioning the inspiration?

The commentary inside 'org-brain.el' contains a pretty good description.

Can you send an updated patch please?  Thanks in advance!