Subject: bug#31946: 27.0.50; The NSM should warn about more TLS problems

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2018 14:50:03 -0400

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Let's see.  Here's the issuer/subjects from the three certificates in
> the chain on that site when I use _dn3:

>  ("OU=Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority,O=VeriSign\\, Inc.,C=US" . "CN=VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5,OU=(c) 2006 VeriSign\\, Inc. - For authorized use only,OU=VeriSign Trust Network,O=VeriSign\\, Inc.,C=US"))

> OK, and this is Firefox:
>
>     CN = VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5
>     OU = "(c) 2006 VeriSign, Inc. - For authorized use only"
>     OU = VeriSign Trust Network
>     O = "VeriSign, Inc."
>     C = US
>
> Hm.  Actually, aren't these all the same?  Just in different order?  The
> _dn3 data seems to be the same as the _dn data, only rejuggled...

Yeah, the _dn3 data still misses the CN=... from the issuer and is not
equal the the subject for the root, so it doesn't seem to help this
problem.