Subject: bug#31943: Some Maven bugs

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 22:06:08 +0200

Le Sat, 23 Jun 2018 00:39:35 +0200,
Björn Höfling <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> Maven is now part of Guix, yeah! I gave it a try and found some bugs
> which I post collectively here. I don't know yet where exactly they
> come from and if they are trivial or not to fix. So if you think they
> should better go each into a separate bug report, please separate
> them.
> 
> [...]
> 
> 6) Maven does not compile Java 1.8 code.
> 

This should be fixed in 892a5647debc7fe8eafac4f725c46134eb085b63.

I was cramming the whole set of dependencies for maven in the
classpath, but it seems it doesn't play well with downloaded plugins.
Now I generated a m2.conf file with multiple "load" lines to tell
plexus-classworlds where to find the required jar files.

> 
> 
> 7) I have some trouble executing the tests. This is indeterministic
> (!), sometimes is is successful, sometimes I get an error:
> 

So I've tested this, and it turns out it's not our package's fault: it
fails undeterministically also when using the system's maven. I fixed
it by downgrading maven-surefire-plugin version to 2.20 instead of
2.20.1.

Thank you for your reports! Do you think we can close this report now?