Subject: bug#31943: Some Maven bugs

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 12:13:45 +0200

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 12:20:33 +0200
Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Le Sat, 23 Jun 2018 00:39:35 +0200,
> Björn Höfling <[email-masked]> a écrit :
> 

> > 1) The following propagated inputs are used from bash scripts
> > and are missing: which, coreutils
> > 
> > 2) There is something wrong with the version output:  
> 
> Fixed with 7504f3c3d3a2fbd0f901757a9bd3175e424c11ca and
> e27c43d94e23daf6b114b03688a51c924890a286 :)

That was quick :-) Thanks.

> > 4) I cannot use icedteaX (x \in {1,2}) (i.e. X=2 means JDK 1.7) with
> > Maven. Is this a bug or a fact?
> >   
> 
> This is because some of the dependencies cannot be built without
> java8. I think there is an option in ant to build with a new jdk but
> stay compatible with older jdks. Our ant-build-system should probably
> use that.

Maven requires JDK 1.7 or above to run
(https://maven.apache.org/download.cgi). So support for JDK7 should
work, JDK6 not. Forget icedtea@1.

I see that some of the dependencies like maven-resolver-util are
explicitly setting the #jdk to icedtea-8. So no wonder they produce JDK
1.8 code.

For the <javac ..> task, there is target property, see docs here:

https://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/javac.html

You can also set the option ant.build.javac.target:

https://ant.apache.org/manual/javacprops.html#target

We could introduce the latter one in the ant-build-system, with nothing
set being the default (i.e. the output of the used JDK).

Björn