Subject: bug#31936: 26.1; Fatal error 6: Aborted, when unflagging mail in mu4e header buffer

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 17:28:48 +0200

Dominik Schrempf <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> when I try to unflag mail in the mu4e header view buffer, Emacs crashes with
> "Fatal error 6: Aborted". The backtrace and information about my environment can
> be found below.
>

This looks like another occurence of 30874. We recently added the
following the etc/DEBUG:

     For X protocol errors related to displaying unusual characters or to
     font-related customizations, try invoking Emacs like this:

       XFT_DEBUG=16 emacs -xrm "emacs.synchronous: true"

which should give an indication the XFT was loading some kind of emoji
font just before emacs crashed if itʼs the same issue.

If it is the same, we recently fixed this bug in the latest versions
of emacs-26 and the master branch, which are available from our git
repository.

Regards

Robert