Subject: [bug#31933] ‘emacs-emms-player-simple-mpv’ is not ‘emms-player-mpv.el’

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 01:57:17 +0300

Hello Pierre,

First of all thank for your work on Emms in Guix.

Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/emacs.scm (emacs-emms-player-simple-mpv): Deprecate.
> ---
>  gnu/packages/emacs.scm | 27 ++-------------------------
>  1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)

[…]

> +  ;; A new mpv backend is included in Emms from 5.0.
> +  (deprecated-package "emacs-emms-player-simple-mpv" emms))

Did something change since our last discussion?  :-)

- https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-05/msg00048.html
- https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-05/msg00049.html

I took a fast look on
/gnu/store/…-emacs-emms-5.0/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms-player-mpv.el but
I don't see any “json” there.

[…]

Thanks,
Oleg.