Subject: bug#31927: 26.1; Fragment/bookmark part of URL omitted in default offered by `eww'

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 11:05:13 -0400

When `eww' is invoked interactively with point in an URL, that URL is
offered in the minibuffer as the default web page to open. However, if
the URL has a fragment (aka bookmark) part, the fragment part is ignored
by EWW.

For example:

  0. $ emacs -Q

  1. In scratch type https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsummer#History

  2. Move point back into the just-typed URL

  3. M-x eww RET

Expected result:
EWW offers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsummer#History as the
default.

Actual result:
EWW offers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsummer as the default.

Note that the following works just fine, though:

  0. $ emacs -Q

  1. M-x eww RET https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsummer#History RET

This problem is also present on master
(5583e6460c38c5d613e732934b066421349a5259).