Subject: bug#31924: 27.0.50; tramp handler /sudo::FILE fails when /bin/sh points to zsh

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 13:01:37 +0200

Tino Calancha <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Tino,

>> I've applied a patch to Emacs master, which should fix this. Could you
>> please test? All you need is to run (setq tramp-encoding-shell "/usr/bin/zsh")
>> in advance, which tells Tramp to use the proper arguments from
>> `tramp-sh-extra-args'.

> It's not working for me :-(
>  After I set `tramp-encidng-shell', tramp
> detects the shell extra arguments, as you can see here:

Unfortunately, I don't see anything. Could you please start a new Emacs
stanze via "emacs -Q -l tramp", and eval the form

(setq tramp-encoding-shell "/usr/bin/zsh"
      tramp-verbose 10)

Then open a remote file (it's sudo'ed, isn't it?), and after the error,
pls send me the complete Tramp debug buffer.

For privacy reasons, you could replace user name and host name with a
pattern of your choice. Or you send the debug buffer off-list, to me.

Best regards, Michael.