Subject: Re: bug#31921: 26.1.50; Add a convenient way to get flymake error at point

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 02:11:13 +0100

Carlos Pita <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Carlos,

> Ok, now I discovered one has to simply type C-h . to show the content
> of the help-echo property.
>
> I knew it had to be some way.

Actually, I didn't know this worked, so thanks.  I have
flymake-goto-next/prev-error bound to M-n and M-p and quickly type M-n
M-p (your 2nd solution if I'm not mistaken)

> So feel free to close this, but please add something wrt this in the
> docstring or the info manual.

In that case, it's better not to close it.  I've already read this
complaint/request elsewhere.

So, if others are reading this, what do you think of making eldoc
display the diagnostic at point instead of (along with?) whatever it was
already displaying in the echo area?

João