Subject: bug#31918: 25.3; gud inserts invalid gdb commands

From: Moritz Wilhelmy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 18:13:27 +0200

On Sat, Jun 23 2018, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> GDB 7.0, AFAIK.  But it's possible that some features need a newer
> GDB.

I'll try this as soon as we get this kernel update out of the door.

> If you invoke GDB from the shell with -i=mi, can you reproduce the
> problem?

I did one debug session last week with manually running gdb -i=mi to
verify whether this is the case, and console gdb did not insert these
commands so my debugging session ran without problems.

I also noticed that Linux console output takes the following form on my
setup:
@"console message from the kernel"
These show up in the terminal, but not in gdb-mi inside Emacs, making
Linux debugging with gdb-mi a bit cumbersome at the moment. I think this
is the format that's described in (info "(gdb) GDB/MI Stream Records").

> Also, do these commands appear in "info break" output right after you
> define the breakpoint, or do you need the breakpoint to break a few
> times before that happens?

I'll check on Monday. I think they appeared right away but I might be
wrong.

Best regards,

Moritz