Subject: 27.0.50; Emacs doesn't render text/modeline Mac OSX 10.14 Mojave

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 16:09:03 -0700

Emacs from the master branch compiles on Mac OS 10.14 (Developer Beta 1
and 2) just fine, but when I run the resulting Emacs.app, none of the
text or even the mode-line appears in the frame.

- If I "select" the text in the scratch buffer, I see nothing, but I can
  then paste it into another application just fine.

- If I type something in the scratch buffer, I can't see it. I can
  select it (but not see the region), copy it, and paste it into another
  application and see the text I've typed.

- The mode-line isn't rendered, either.

- Running Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -nw in a terminal window works
  fine.
  
The application seems to be working in all particulars except the text
is invisible (not the same color as the background, just not there).

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 8, x86_64-apple-darwin, NS appkit-1641.10 Version 10.14 (Build 18A314h))
of 2018-06-19 built on KitchenMac
Repository revision: 3a47f3921bdaaf7b7d80dc3be05a5f1b1f2501eb
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.14

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
'configure --build=x86_64-apple-darwin --without-dbus --with-ns
'CFLAGS=-I /usr/local/Cellar/libxml2/2.9.7/include/libxml2'
build_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin'

Configured features:
RSVG NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/starttls hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/obsolete/starttls
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tls hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/obsolete/tls

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils term/xterm xterm
time-date elec-pair tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 209194 11301)
(symbols 48 19961 1)
(miscs 40 71 111)
(strings 32 29182 1787)
(string-bytes 1 766589)
(vectors 16 33947)
(vector-slots 8 689539 10718)
(floats 8 52 202)
(intervals 56 193 0)
(buffers 992 12))