Subject: Re: bug#31904: scatch/ns-drawing

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 19:54:26 +0200

Alan Third <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sorry, I thought I’d already replied to this.
>
> On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 04:51:36PM -0700, [email-masked] wrote:
>>
>> Another interesting thing:
>>
>> * The problem does NOT occur when changing the size of the font.
>>
>> * If I change the font (to Monaco), the screen blanks, but
>>   immediately running a command to change the font size “fixes” it.
>>
>> Seems that the font-change isn’t triggering a “repaint the whole
>> thing”, rather, just repaint the line containing the pointer.
>
> Yes, that sounds right. Chances are the line with the cursor on it
> redraws because the cursor is drawn as a separate action.
>
> Probably the font change needs to mark the frame as garbaged so it’s
> redrawn completely, but that’s not happening. Unfortunately I don’t
> know where that should be done. I can’t see anywhere obvious in the NS
> code. I’ll keep looking.

What's the status here?  I can see that some code has been added in
reference to this bug in commit 7946445962372c42, but I'm not sure if
that fixed all outstanding issues.

I don't have macOS 10.14 so I can't test any of this myself.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas