Subject: 27.0.50; Server sockets with :nowait no longer work

From: Helmut Eller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 20:00:14 +0200

With a file test.el containing this code:

  (make-network-process :name "*test*"
                        :server t
                        :nowait t
                        :host 'local
                        :service t
                        :family 'ipv4)

and starting Emacs with: emacs -Q -batch -l test.el
prints:
  make server process failed: Success, :name, *test*, :server, t, :nowait, t, :host, local, :service, t, :family, ipv4

I'm not sure whether :nowait is supposed to work with server sockets,
but this used to work in Emacs 25.  Either way, the error message looks
pretty wrong.

elnode calls make-network-process[1] in a similar way, so it's quite
annoying that this has changed (and obviously no one tested elnode).

[1] https://github.com/nicferrier/elnode/blob/master/elnode.el

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2018-06-19 built on caladan
Repository revision: a9b720ac5030a4ca84e8ebe8436027da0468624c
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11902000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-xpm=no --with-gif=no --with-tiff=no --with-jpeg=no
 --without-pop'

Configured features:
PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 THREADS LIBSYSTEMD