Subject: bug#31901: Incorrect make-network-process + nowait state handling for non-existing unix sockets in emacs-26.1

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 16:31:55 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I've fixed this on master, because I'm not 100% sure that my fix is
>> completely correct.  Should we perhaps also call a sentinel in the async
>> error case?
>
> But we didn't call the sentinel before, did we?

I don't think we did, but I'm not completely sure.  I tried following
the pre-Emacs 26 code flow, and I didn't see a call, but I may be
mistaken.

>> But we should, in any case, perhaps cherry-pick this fix into Emacs
>> 26.2.
>
> It looks like the only visible change in behavior is that we now store
> the error in the process object, is that right?

Yup.  That is, it should be unless I messed something up in the
refactoring of report_file_errno.  :-)

> If so, I think we want this on emacs-26, yes.

Yup.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no