Subject: 27.0.50; some face can't be customized after the recent updates

From: Markus FFM <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 22:14:03 +0200

sorry, no -Q possible.

options/customize emacs/faces matching <some faces>
customizing/storing (up to now everythings fine)
restarting emacs
all customizations are gone.

customizations in (compiled) init.el:
(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
 ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
 ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
 '(custom-comment ((t (:background "font-lock-comment-face"))))
 '(custom-comment-tag ((t (:foreground "font-lock-comment-face"))))
 '(font-lock-comment-face ((t (:foreground "grey42"))))
 '(region ((t (:background "pale goldenrod" :distant-foreground "black")))))

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-06-18 built on LINBOX
Repository revision: 2d1b774dbc31b753527321ae1e441d5e424a5265
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Fedora 28 (Twenty Eight)

Recent messages:
Wrote /root/.emacs.d/desktop.lock
Desktop: 2 buffers restored.
Loading /root/.emacs.d/recentf...done
Desktop: 2 buffers restored.
Loading /root/.emacs.d/framegeometry...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-M-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/emacs --sysconfdir=/etc
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --libexecdir=/opt/emacs/lib/ --localstatedir=/usr/local/var
 --enable-largefile --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-sound=no --with-modules
 --with-xwidgets --without-pop --without-selinux --without-gnutls
 --disable-acl --with-file-notification=yes --with-json --without-xml2
 'CFLAGS=-march=native -Os''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY FREETYPE M17N_FLT
LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: 1
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  smooth-scroll-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils cursor-sensor user-profile server
default-profile default-ui paren man mm-util mail-prsvr recentf sort
dired-sort-menu dired dired-loaddefs lisp-mnt checkdoc help-mode
vc-dispatcher vc-svn desktop frameset avoid hl-line default-faces
default-keymap delsel cua-base default-run default-restart default-modes
default-platform default-unix default-flymake default-flymake-go
default-flymake-csharp default-flymake-ruby default-flymake-js
default-flymake-py default-flymake-java default-flymake-shell
flymake-proc flymake compile warnings default-run-assoc run-assoc
default-tempo default-tempo-rexx default-tempo-sh default-tempo-js
default-tempo-java default-tempo-perl default-tempo-elisp
default-tempo-c-cpp default-menu default-help default-options
default-tools default-search default-format default-view
aquamacs-cmm-menu default-edit default-file default-generic savehist
autorevert filenotify autoinsert default-functions elec-pair
default-autoload ox-man ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match
rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element
avl-tree generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ob-exp
ob-core org-compat ob-eval org-macs markdown-mode rx color thingatpt
noutline outline easy-mmode jison-mode bison-mode cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
flex-mode derived aquamacs-tabbar cus-start cus-load aquamacs-tools
tabbar restore-last-frame-size org-bullets syslog-mode hide-lines
web-mode disp-table vimrc-mode neotree advice smooth-scroll aok cl
fill-column-indicator tempbuf auto-complete-config auto-complete edmacro
kmacro popup undo-tree diff multi-shell windata tree-mode tree-widget
wid-edit imenu imenu-tree tempo saveplace google-translate
google-translate-default-ui google-translate-core-ui ido
google-translate-core google-translate-tk url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars mailcap json map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib eol-conversion easymenu
default-path time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 276095 196423)
 (symbols 48 39147 2)
 (miscs 40 99 298)
 (strings 32 92901 27162)
 (string-bytes 1 2869317)
 (vectors 16 39343)
 (vector-slots 8 761247 248028)
 (floats 8 355 799)
 (intervals 56 1016 115)
 (buffers 992 17))