Subject: Re: bug#31880: 26.1; VC mode line popup when clicked is off screen

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 10:08:47 +0200

Brian Zwahr <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm not exactly sure what to do with this. I assume I need to get the
> latest source and build it, after applying this diff? Where do I get
> the source? I've never built Emacs from source before. I'll try to get
> to it when I can.

Yes. You can get the emacs-26 branch sources by doing

    git clone -b emacs-26 https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs.git

then

    sudo apt-get build-dep emacs
    cd emacs
    git apply menus.patch #assuming you put my patch in menus.patch
    ./autogen.sh
    ./configure
    make
    src/emacs -Q

and then let us know how it goes.

Regards

Robert