Subject: Re: bug#31851: 26.1; Support a frame-wide bar similar to the mode line

From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 19:55:49 -0500

On Sat 16 Jun 2018 at 01:41, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> It would be nice to have something similar to the mode line but that
>> doesn't get duplicated for every window. This would be nice to show (for
>> example) non-window-specific information like the time, number of new
>> emails/notifications, etc.
>>
>> It would also be nice if the location was configurable (I'd personally
>> like it to be displayed across the top of the frame rather than the
>> bottom).
>
> You can use a side window, see section 28.19 "Side Windows" of the Elisp
> manual, for that.

Thanks for the suggestion. This looks similar to what I want, but it
doesn't look like there's a way to make it apply to all frames (like the
mode-line does), right?

Thanks,
Alex