Subject: bug#31844: closed (Re: bug#31844: [cuirass] Invalid specs are ignored, should be reported instead)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 13:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#31844: [cuirass] Invalid specs are ignored, should be reported instead

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
31844: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31844
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#31844: [cuirass] Invalid specs are ignored, should be reported instead
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 14:56:08 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Invalid specifications are now reported, see for example:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(list (specification
       (namee "guix-master")
       (build 'hello)))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

gives,

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
2021-03-25T14:52:46 running Fibers on 4 kernel threads
/home/mathieu/cuirass/examples/hello.scm:1:6: error: (specification (namee "guix-master") (build (quote hello))): extraneous field initializers (namee)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Closing this one,

Thanks,

Mathieu

Subject: [cuirass] Invalid specs are ignored, should be reported instead
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 14:37:19 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When Cuirass processes a list of specifications it silently ignores
those that would result in erroneous SQL statements.

Take for example a specification that does not include an #:arguments
field.  The database schema says that “arguments” may not be NULL, but
db-add-specification will produce an INSERT statement that sets
“arguments” to NULL when it is not part of the specification alist.

Cuirass should either validate the specifications before passing them to
“db-add-specification” or report an error when “db-add-specification”
fails to add a table record.

--
Ricardo