Subject: bug#31829: 27.0.50;

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 12:41:47 -0400

Run emacs -Q, visit foo.txt (see below), type
C-SPC M-> C-p C-f C-f C-f C-x r d C-x C-s, and it gets
an error trying to save.  In another Emacs job (same version),
it got a seg fault, but I can't reproduce that now.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2017-11-24 built on freetop
Repository revision: 52d822f31bc7cb57694c1e209b2d02e5efb8f48c
System Description:	Trisquel GNU/Linux 8.0, Flidas

Recent messages:
Mark set
point=52722 of 52721 (EOB) column=0
Mark set [2 times]
Saved text until "FC8E7D3196C168>] >> startxref 160 %%EOF
"
Quit
Mark set [3 times]
Quit
(Shell command succeeded with no output)
Auto-saving...done

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g' --with-gnutls=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2
FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug rect tabify man two-column kmacro iso-transl epa-file
mule-util tmm help-fns radix-tree pcmpl-unix log-view easy-mmode
pcvs-util vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher parse-time vc-cvs mhtml-mode
css-mode smie color eww mm-url gnus nnheader wid-edit url-queue url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf js json map imenu cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs sgml-mode
flyspell ispell etags xref project warnings jka-compr mailcap cl-extra
novice cl-print debug dired-aux shell pcomplete thingatpt grep compile
comint ansi-color ring rmailkwd quail help-mode dabbrev epa-mail
rmailout rmailsum misearch multi-isearch mailalias url-util shr svg
xml dom browse-url qp rmailmm message sendmail rmc puny format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils dired dired-loaddefs t-mouse term/linux elec-pair view
derived time-date paren cus-start cus-load advice finder-inf package
easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 564235 129183)
 (symbols 48 31462 1)
 (miscs 40 4126 4643)
 (strings 32 82980 21583)
 (string-bytes 1 2662247)
 (vectors 16 36765)
 (vector-slots 8 1554488 152808)
 (floats 8 276 439)
 (intervals 56 99259 3066)
 (buffers 992 216)
 (heap 1024 69310 22159))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)