Subject: bug#31825: guix offload fails with guix-authenticate error

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 10:32:03 +0200

Hello,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> maxim@apteryx ~$ guix offload test
> guix offload: testing 1 build machines defined in '/etc/guix/machines.scm'...
> guix offload: '192.168.1.105' is running guile (GNU Guile) 2.2.3
> guix offload: Guix is usable on '192.168.1.105' (test returned "/gnu/store/883yjkl46dxw9mzykykmbs0yzwyxm17z-test")
> sending 1 store item to '192.168.1.105'...
> exporting path `/gnu/store/smgzvgc9krglk0mjpcscg5450l05w4dg-export-test'
> guix offload: error: build failed: program `guix-authenticate' failed
> with exit code 1

On closer inspection, it looks like it may be ‘guix-authenticate’ on
“apteryx” that fails.  This could happen if there’s no signing key, for
instance, but you said there’s one, so I don’t know.

Could you attach strace to guix-daemon on “apteryx” and run “guix
offload test” again?

Use something like:

  # strace -p $(pidof guix-daemon) -f -s 345 -o /tmp/log

and then:

  # guix offload test

TIA,
Ludo’.