Subject: bug#31772: 26.1; (thing-at-point 'list) regression

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 19:34:42 +0300

> From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 00:08:27 +0800
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I am simply pointing out the irony it only takes one complaint to
> change something that's in Emacs for a long time but we often forget
> the majority that are happy with the feature never come and tell us
> from time to time what a great feature it is, they love it and don't
> change it.

No, we never forget that.  And one complaint is usually not enough to
make such changes.  on the contrary, sometimes the disputes about such
complaints are too long and exhaustive.  You can see many examples of
that in the archives and on the bug tracker.

But yes, the number of people here is relatively small, so each voice
counts.  Please be sure to voice yours, I'm certain it will have a
significant effect on the outcome.

> I already joined in but I am a little short of time lately.

We all are.  Thanks in advance for your contributions, both in
opinions and in code.