Subject: Re: bug#31772: 26.1; (thing-at-point 'list) regression

From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 00:08:27 +0800

On 2018-06-12 00:06 +0900, Tino Calancha wrote:
> Since you seem a skilled Emacs user, you are very welcome to join us,
> all-volunteer Emacs developers, to keep improving Emacs and delight us
> with a 'full-perspective how to use it'. 

No one has a full-perspective. We all work with our partial perspective.
That's not an issue. I am simply pointing out the irony it only takes
one complaint to change something that's in Emacs for a long time but we
often forget the majority that are happy with the feature never come and
tell us from time to time what a great feature it is, they love it and
don't change it.

For example, a lot of lisp programmers use paredit (not part of emacs).
Two or three major releases ago, the syntax of @ in (emacs-)lisp mode
was changed so that some unusual function names containing ,@ could
fontify properly, in doing so typing `,@(' in paredit gives you `,@ ()'
instead of `,@()'.

> Honestly, I am really looking forward to you join us. I wish all the
> Emacs users happy. That would be awesome.

I already joined in but I am a little short of time lately.

Leo