Subject: 26.1; Emacs crashes trying to display CROSS MARK

From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 10:24:28 -0500

>From emacs -Q:

C-x 8 RET CROSS MARK RET

crashes Emacs every time. Emacs also crashes when trying to display
CROSS MARK anywhere (mu4e uses this when mu4e-use-fancy-chars is
non-nil).

Let me know what other information I can provide

Thanks,
Alex

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-05-28 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12000000

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 -fno-plt' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix