Subject: bug#31758: closed (Re: bug#31758: 26.1; Emacs crashes trying to display CROSS MARK)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 16:05:04 +0000

Your bug report

#31758: 26.1; Emacs crashes trying to display CROSS MARK

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
31758: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31758
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#31758: 26.1; Emacs crashes trying to display CROSS MARK
From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 11:04:43 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Subject: 26.1; Emacs crashes trying to display CROSS MARK
From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 10:24:28 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>From emacs -Q:

C-x 8 RET CROSS MARK RET

crashes Emacs every time. Emacs also crashes when trying to display
CROSS MARK anywhere (mu4e uses this when mu4e-use-fancy-chars is
non-nil).

Let me know what other information I can provide

Thanks,
Alex

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-05-28 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12000000

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 -fno-plt' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix