Subject: bug#31743: 27.0.50; [feature request] add command to ERC to erase scrollback text

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 11:15:45 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> A recent discussion[1] in help-gnu-emacs revealed that a user
>> expected ERC's /CLEAR command (i.e. erc-cmd-CLEAR) to erase the buffer
>> contents instead of just recentering the display.

[...]

> I think 1) makes more sense, because C-l is pretty easily available,
> while deleting the buffer contents is a bit more work (since it has
> read-only text).
>
> But on the other hand...  I can't really imagine anybody using /clear
> now, but perhaps this would be too surprising a change?

The doc string on the function says "Clear the window content", so I
think recentering is an odd thing to do.  So I've now changed it to
delete the buffer contents instead.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no