Subject: bug#31742: 26.1.50; excorporate.elc byte-compiled in Emacs 25.x fails in Emacs 26.1

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 20:11:49 +0300

> From: Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:55:48 -0400
> Cc: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> I added the comment, bumped the soap-client version to 3.1.4 and pushed
> the patch to master so that GNU ELPA will be regenerated tonight.  I
> also backported the patch to the emacs-26 branch since it fixes a
> functional regression.

Thanks, but please in the future always ask before pushing stuff to
the release branch.  Not every regression fix should go to emacs-26,
only those which we consider "safe enough".

Also, if a change should be both on master and on emacs-26, push only
to the latter, and it will be later merged to master together with
other changes in emacs-26.  We only backport from master if initially
we didn't intend for a change to be on emacs-26; otherwise we merge in
the other direction.  (This is all explained in CONTRIBUTE under
"Branches".)