Subject: Re: bug#31742: 26.1.50; excorporate.elc byte-compiled in Emacs 25.x fails in Emacs 26.1

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:55:48 -0400

Alex Harsanyi <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 9, 2018 at 10:54 AM, Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>
>> How about the attached?  I tested it in 26.1 with 25.1 excorporate.elc
>> byte-code, as well as with our test suite against 24.1, 25.1 and 26.1,
>> so it should be OK for GNU ELPA as well.
>>
>> If this looks OK, I'll bump the soap-client.el version to 3.1.4 when I
>> push.
>
> Can you please add a comment referencing this bug to the definition of
> `soap-type-of`.  Other than that, it looks good to me.

I added the comment, bumped the soap-client version to 3.1.4 and pushed
the patch to master so that GNU ELPA will be regenerated tonight.  I
also backported the patch to the emacs-26 branch since it fixes a
functional regression.

Thomas